Visiting Our Campus
Located less than 10 kilometres from the city of Kitwe Town Centre, off the Kitwe Chingola Road within MEF campus in Mindolo, is the United Church of Zambia University. The United Church of Zambia University incorporates the former Kashinda bible college and the former United Church of Zambia Theological College.
The institution was established by the London Missionary society in 1949 in Mporokoso as training centre for the clergy. The institution moved to Mindolo campus in 1961 following the decision to transfer the training of ministers from Mporokoso to Kitwe. After Church Union in 1965, the name of the institution changed from ministerial training centre to United Church of Zambia Theological College. The institution grew from offering certificate and diploma programmes in Theology to offering degree programmes in Theology in collaboration with the University of the Western Cape in South Africa. In 2012, the name of the institution changed from United Church of Zambia Theological College to United Church of Zambia University (College) after registration with the Ministry of Education under the 1999 University Act (Now 2013 Higher Education Act). The institution has four schools.